On Sunday, May 27, from 2:30 to 5:30 pm, Ingelise NherIan is coming to yoga on 7th to teach a workshop on Necks, Throats and Shoulders.
Your choice: hope for sunshine and go play outside, or, come to the workshop.
Here are the top five reasons why I think you should vote for Ingelise:
1. Ingelise is now 78, an amazing, vital 78, but still past the mid-point of her teaching career. She normally teaches in West Vancouver. Chances to work with her on this side of the bridge are rare.
2. Ingelise is one of a very few people in Canada who worked directly with BKS Iyengar in his early years. She met him in San Francisco in 1974 and immediately knew he was her guru. She studied with him whenever he came to North America, and made nine trips to the Iyengar Institute in Pune, India. Her experience of BKS Iyengar is of a dynamic man, still in early middle age, who loved to laugh. He was demanding, yes, but he had a twinkle in his eye. That’s the Iyengar she remembers, and calls on in her teaching. If you’re used to a more rigid offering of Iyengar yoga, you owe yourself this experience.
3. You will never find a better example of a mature practice. Ingelese no longer teaches like she did in her 60s. Going deeper with Ingelise is not a matter of five minutes in a handstand or complicated backbends. Nor is it slacking off. Instead she takes us into simple poses, and teaches not only why, but how, to find stillness.
4. The workshop theme is Neck, Throat and Shoulders – topics which will interest every one of us at some time. But because Ingelise sees the body as a connected whole, you can expect work that also unlocks the hips, releases the ribs, and enlivens the entire body. And a bonus: she is endlessly creative. You are pretty much guaranteed to learn something you’ve never tried before, no matter how long you’ve been practicing.
5. Ingelise is alive with the joy of yoga, and yoga joy is contagious.
Yoga joy is contagious. Come learn with us.
Time: 2:30 to 5:30 pm, Sunday, May 27.
Cost: $45 + GST ($47.50)
To resister: email Eve at firstname.lastname@example.org